The Tiger Times

The Student News Site of Maynard High School

The Tiger Times

The Tiger Times

No one eats alone
No one eats alone
March 6, 2024

5 Incredible Places Near Maynard To View Fall Foliage

With Autumn’s leaves finally changing, it’s worth taking some time to appreciate the beautiful foliage. With so many options to choose from it’s hard to know where to go. Presented below are the top-5 locations for seeing some fall foliage near Maynard

1 : Old North Bridge – Concord

Located in historic concord, the Old North Bridge is the centerpiece of a beautifully landscaped park. Maples and oaks drape over the river and the adjacent field is a great place for a picnic or a game of frisbee. Be sure to bring a camera for some insta worthy photos!

2 : Assabet Wildlife Refuge – Maynard

The Assabet wildlife refuge is a sprawling property covering land in Maynard, Stow, and Sudbury. Originally a military base, overgrown bunkers and foundations dot the entirety of the park. With miles of trails and a breathtaking variety of flora and fauna, you can get lost for hours on this historic property. 

3: Oak Hill – Littleton

Oak Hill, located in Littleton. Has several panoramic views over route 2 and the surrounding forests. Originally formed by glacial erosion, Oak Hill has several chasms and glacial boulders scattered throughout the woods.

4 : Honey Pot Orchards – Stow

One of the more popular local apple orchards. Honey Pot is home to some of the best cider donuts around, acres of apple trees, and a quaint farmstand. Especially near the end of autumn when the crowds have cooled down, Honeypot is a great place to go to see fall foliage (and get some apples!)

5 : Fruitlands – Harvard

With instagram worthy sunsets and convenient parking, Fruitlands in Harvard is a student favorite. Plan for crowds, especially near sunset.