The Tiger Times

The Student News Site of Maynard High School

The Tiger Times

The Tiger Times

No one eats alone
No one eats alone
March 6, 2024

No one eats alone

On March 13th, the National Honor Society will be hosting “No One Eats Alone” an event designed to promote inclusion and community at Maynard High School. Any student who signs up will be put into a new lunch group, one with a random assortment of their peers. This event promises to help build community in Maynard, and maybe help students meet people they might not already know. As an extra incentive, students who participate in the activity will be entered into a raffle for a gift card, and for underclassmen an opportunity to leave the school at lunch.

Representatives from DESE, the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education will be visiting the school to conduct an audit of our educational practices this week. They will be visiting classrooms, and may ask students questions about learning at MHS

Finally, the highly anticipated spring musical will be taking place on March 15th and 16th. MHS Theater Company is taking on the musical Annie, with famous songs like “It’s a Hard Knock Life” and “Tomorrow”. The musical provides great entertainment for the audience and unique opportunities for the student performers and stagehands who put in the work to make this play possible. Of note, this is the first maynard musical directed by new director, Ariane Mauroy